Welcome to the Blokube Help page. This page was established to help new users/members, how to use the site, submit new stories, comments and general use.
- If you're new here then you have to sign up for an account. You can't vote, comment or submit stories, if you're not a registered user.
- To get registered, follow this link & fill the username, password & email.
- An Activation email will be sent to your inbox to confirm you're a real person. You have to activate your account, before you start posting anything on the site.
- Once you're registered, edit your profile and fill all the details including your name, social media links, website url etc.
- Avatar - Blokube use Gravatar System, for Avatars. Based on your email id, the system will attempt to pull Gravatar linked to the address.
- A user can easily update the profile by clicking on the “Modify your profile” button on the user profile page.
- You also have the option to change the notifications for receiving emails on comments, story submissions & mentions.
- All the useful links to your account, will be shown in sidebar.
Submit your Story
- To submit the story you need to be logged in.
- Next, simply copy the URL of the story you’d like to submit, and paste into the “Submit Story” tab in sidebar & click on submit button or use Submit page.
- Blokube system will read all meta data from the post. If a meta description is not complete or descriptive enough, you may edit this.
- You're allow to easily select and set a thumbnail or videos for your story submissions. Thumbnails or videos from the story URL are automatically retrieved and shown to you. Alternatively you can add your own thumbnails/images via file or URL.
- Now carefully choose a category and tags to fit your post’s description.
- At this point, you’ll be given the option to review and make changes before final submission.
- Submit, and you’re done!
Here is the video, created by Heather Stephens on how to submit your blog posts.
- The easiest way to submit the stories is by putting Blokube button on your website or blog.
Do some commenting & Voting
- To do commenting or voting, you need to be logged in.
- Voting is very simple or may be the easiest thing to do.
- Next, simply visit any story page, scroll down and submit your comment.
- Alternatively, we have a Facebook comment system for non logged in users.
- Click on Submit, and you’re done!
- On the top navigation bar, click on “Groups”. Here you will see a list of created groups at Blokube.
- Groups allow users to share articles with other members who share a common interest in a topic.
- Join a group to submit topical articles that other members would be interested in.
- Some groups may require membership approval before you become part of the group.
- To send private message to any user, you have to click on the “compose” button on his/her profile page.
- In order to send or receive messages, you need to be her/his friend.
- You will get notified via email, whenever you receive a new message.
Facebook like chat
- Members can easily connect and chat with their friends. It is very similar to Facebook but it has lot of cool features.
- Chat Rooms – Create a buzz and gather your friends into a single place using chatrooms. Create permanent, password protected and invitation only chatrooms.
- Send File – Send files to each other using the file transfer facility. It’s simple, easy and quick.
- Share – Enable you to share, save and distribute your content through Facebook, Twitter, Email, Digg, StumbleUpon and many more.
- Smilies – Quickly look up available smilies during chat interactions with users.
- Audio/video chat – The simplest way to connect face-to-face! Leverages peer-to-peer technology to achieve high quality video conversations.
- The easiest way for your users to share their screen. Need to show a presentation or a demo? Easily share your screen or a particular window with another user.
- To submit the story you need to be logged in.
- You can use this link to easily send invites to your friends or contacts so they can join Blokube too.
- To use & post on Activity wall you need to be logged in.
- You can quickly share what they are doing with their Friends and Followers, similar to Twitter
- Easily find and follow other members and their status updates.
- Easily search the status updates of all of your friends for anything.
- You receive instant notification via email when they are being followed by another member.
- View other member's walls including their status updates, their Friends list and Followers list.
- Reply to another user's status update and start a discussion. Any one can jump in.
- Send a direct message to another user by using @username. If the receiving member have their "receive email updates" turned on, they will be notified instantly via email.
- Easily update your status through chat bar.
- On Blokube Blog you will found all the important announcements,news and new features that we have implemented.
- We're also open for guest posting, if anyone is interested then simply contact me through the on-site messaging system.